Sponsorship should be viewed as a total commitment and not just an act of selection. To sponsor someone through Tres Dias is to help the Candidate become a stronger leader for Christ through the Tres Dias experience. As a sponsor, please consider the following.
- Please recognize that Tres Dias is not for everyone. Offering Tres Dias to someone comes only after you are willing to make a significant commitment to that Candidate. If you are not willing to make the commitment you should not sponsor someone.
- Honestly assess your reasons for sponsoring.
- Do you truly know the person, or do you just know about the person?
- Have you prayed for guidance and sought council from another experienced Pescador? Is this the right time for the person?
- How do you feel regarding sponsorship of this person’s spouse? If possible, the applications for married couples should be submitted together.
- Are you willing to make a significant commitment to your candidate?
Sponsors should support candidates on the Weekend by:
- Providing transportation
- Praying over the weekend
- Praying over their Candidate
- Writing letters for the weekend
- Writing a personal letter to their Candidate
- Offering to help the Candidate’s family
- Providing a babysitter for the Candidate’s children if needed
- Attending Closing
- Providing other needs that might be helpful
FOURTH DAY SUPPORT
The sponsor should recognize that a commitment is being made to the candidate by sending the candidate to Tres Dias. The sponsor should help new Pescadores to live the fourth day as it is presented on the weekend, by encouraging the new Pescador to join (or form) a Reunion Group and to attend Community Secuelas and a Secretariat meeting. In general, the sponsor should be responsive to the needs of the new Pescadore until the new Pescador is established in the Fourth Day.
Please note that candidate applications must be submitted, online or by paper, no later than seven (7) days before the Send-off day for each weekend.
After your candidate is approved, you should receive a confirmation email with General Sponsor Guidelines for each cycle of the Weekend Phase: Pre-Weekend, Weekend & After Weekend.